Mini cheesecake with berries and white chocolate


Cheesecake is slowly becoming my favourite desert- easy to make, easy to eat (too easy!)  and it can be as varied as the baker’s imagination.
I told you that I am a very unorganized shopper, so never wonder how come I have the different ingredients for my recipes…
Today I was in the mood for a berry cheesecake… I had bought different assortments of frozen berries last time I was to the market.  
Should I put the frozen berries straight into the cheese cream? Should I grind them, frozen, in the blender? Or should I make them into an “almost jam” and add them like that into the cream? I went for the last option.
So I took a bowl full of frozen berries mix – about 500 g- and 6 tablespoons of sugar and tossed them in a pan on medium heat. 
Left them there for about half an hour and then took the “almost-jam” out on the balcony to cool down.

While the berries were slow cooking, I made the crust for the cheesecake.
300 g digestive biscuits (any whole grain biscuits would do)
100 g of butter, melted for 1 minute in the microwave 
I put the biscuits into the blender and ground them until they were like bread crumbs. Stirred them together with the melted butter until the whole mix looked and felt like wet sand. I put this mix in the tray (20x30 cm), distributed it evenly and pressed them well with my palms to form the crust. Placed the tray in the fridge while I prepared the rest of the cake.  
For the cheese cream I had:
2 x 200 g packs of Philadelphia cream cheeseI was going to find out later that this was too much; next time I will only use 1 and a half packs, but this depends on the dimensions of your tray.
2 fully loaded tablespoons of heavy cream (this was OK)
3 eggs (just 2 eggs next time)
200 g sugar (this was good, as the cream cheese is a bit salty and my berry “almost-jam” was a bit sour)
2 sachets of Bourbon vanilla sugar (vanilla extract or vanilla beans would also do)
First I mixed together the cream cheese and the heavy cream until they turned into a puffy cream, then I added the sugar and the vanilla and then the 3 eggs.
After I put the eggs I realized that there was a little too much  of the mix for what my tray could fit. 
I’ll do something else with whatever remains…
When my berry “almost-jam”  was cold enough, I added it to the cream cheese mix and the result, I put in the tray, over the biscuit crust.

Put it in the oven- preheated at 165 Celsius- and left it there for about 20 minutes, but I checked on it every now and then. I would have liked for its surface to remain light purple, but it got browny, without being burnt….  
I let it cool down completely and stashed it in the fridge for about 30 minutes before I cut it. In the meantime I dealt with whatever remained of the cream cheese mix.
When the cake was completely cooled, I dared to cut it in small pieces. 
No matter  when or how I do it, I never seem to be able to cut it perfectly… 

That’s why, this time too, I had to decorate it with something- some white chocolate.
80 g of white chocolate and 20 g of unsalted butter melted on steam. 
I tried to pour the chocolate with a teaspoon and get artistic, but it hardened in a blink of an eye, so I chose to dump half a teaspoon of melted white chocolate, on top of every bit.  

It  was very, very good! The  salty biscuit crust, the sweet-and-sour, puffy cheese cream with chuncks of berries in it, the sweetness of the white chocolate….  
I liked it better than the Oreo cheesecake.
Most of my cheesecakes are mini’s so I can easily transport them to the office…


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blogging tips