The sea coast in the bedroom



In my small apartment, the bedroom is also – how else?...small. Therefore I painted it white as it is well known that white enlarges a space, makes it look more airy. 
But because I love the beach, the seaside, in my bedroom one can find little pieces of the coast. 
The walls….I didn’t have the guts to decorate them in any way…they are still white.

So many ideas…so many possibilities…what if I change my mind?
One day I pulled myself together and have decided to at least start with the wall against which the headboard of the bad stands.
I had recently bought 3 canvas panels of 40x30 cm to have as craft support just in case inspiration struck me…
What to do with them? Paint them? Haven’t got the guts…
The décor had to make one think of sea coast…what else do I have around the house?
Some new, light blue and white, striped kitchen towels and some twine in approximately the same colour ( I had bought it a while ago thinking I might wrap it around a bottle and have a décor element for the bedroom, lucky I didn’t get to it!)

Laid them all on the table, made myself a coffee…walked around them…waiting for the inspiration…
I started with the twine…I was going to cut it in stripes a little bit longer than the width of the panel and just glue them on it….waves….

I cut as many stripes of twine as I thought would be enough, put some glue (that is a type of Moment glue used to fix shelves on the wall, but that’s what I had around the house) on the canvas and with an old and expired cinema fidelity card ( hahaha!), I distributed the glue on the part of the canvas where my twine would be placed. 
On the evened glue, I placed the twine and pressed it well with the palm of my hands. Here and there, wherever needed, I added some more glue.
The loose ends of the twine bunch I glued on the back of the panel.
My mom says that you can judge a tailor by how well and careful he touches up the back of the coat he makes. So I trimmed the ends of the twine.
At this point inspiration left me…beside the twine waves, I had no other idea, so I put this panel aside and started on the other two.
Each of them I was going to cover with a piece of kitchen towel fabric. So I have carefully lined up the fabric on the panel, so that the stripes would be straight and I started to cut. I left, though, some extra edge all around the fabric so I could fold it and glue it on the back of the panel. 
I coated the whole surface of the panel with decoupage glue (Mod Podge) and then carefully placed the fabric. I pressed it well against the panel, with my palms, making sure there are no air bubbles or creases left.
The extra fabric on the edges I folded over the back and glued it with the same adhesive.
I had to see all three panels before my eyes to figure out what to do next. 
I went over to the bedroom to all the sea shells, sea stars and pebbles my friends knew to bring for me from their travels, and I chose some to glue, here and there, on my panels.

Wonderful! I am very pleased with the result! 

This whole project took me no more than 1 hour and no great talent was needed either and in return I have a little bit more sea coast in my bedroom…

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blogging tips