Are headbands still in fashion?



I have always liked the thin headbands, made from plastic. A while ago I used to have lots of them in all sorts of colors and I used to wear them two or three at a time, matching them with whatever I wore.

Today I found one of them. Hmmm…I think I could beautify it a little….
Remember the shirts I have used for the upcycle of the navy blue dress?
I started to make a new type of flower of scraps of fabric from two of those shirts.

I did the same operation, but with the white shirt. This time I cut out smaller circles and sew them on the same string as the light pink flower, but fixing them on top of the other petals. 

Now how do I fix the flower on the headband?
I sew it, making sure the thread went through the  combs of the band, to prevent the flower to slip off of the headband..
This was not enough, of course, and the flower refused to stay in the exact place and position I placed it.
So I nailed it (no, not literally nailed it) – took an almost square piece of fabric which I glued over the headband and on the flower. 
Ah...I forgot to tell you that in the middle of the fabric flower I sew a button, big enough to cover the stitches. I love all those pieces of clothing that come with extra buttons! 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blogging tips