Old dress, new dress


“You take it, sister. I am not wearing it anymore…look, it is stained…maybe you can do something about it” said my sister when I was “shopping” through her wardrobe.


Now came its turn. I took three shirts nobody wears anymore for different reasons: one is burnt with the iron, one is too large, the other has ruffles and is no longer cool.
I figured I’d saw some flowers over the upper stain – they are cheerful, I think they are still in fashion, easy to make…Let’s get crafty!

I looked for fault-free places on the shirts and cut out equal circles. 

For the first type of fabric flower I thought I’d need a tougher piece of fabric to saw on, so I used a piece of the collar of the shirt.
Let’s see what I can make out:
For the second fabric flower, I tried a different method.
For the white flower I sew on the diameter of the circle – let’s see how it turns out if I saw on the outside of the folded circle:
Let’s see how the fabric flowers look like on the dress, over the big stain. 
Al riiight….the question is : Now what? How do I cover the second stain…another fabric flower? Hmmm…..would be too many. Buttons! But how do I “tie in” the upper fabric flowers with the buttons which will be on the lower part of the dress front?    
I have never sewn so many buttons in my entire life! 
Wear it well, sister!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blogging tips